Rules & Submission Forms
Rules of the competition
1. There are three age categories: Ages 9-12 and ages 13-18 and all adults 18+. There will be one winner and two runners-up in each age category.
2. Stories should be submitted by as an attachment to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and be accompanied by a completed entry form, also as an attachment.
3. All adults 18+ must pay a £5 entry fee - via paypal - button below.
3 Stories should be between 200-500 words long. Please show word count.
3. The title of the story must appear as a header on each page and pages should be numbered.
4. Though copyright in the stories will remain with their authors, the Bury St Edmunds Literature Festival (“BLF”) reserves the right to use all or any part of the stories for publicity purposes and authors must agree to their stories being published in the Bury Free Press and/or any other newspaper or magazine nominated by BLF
5. Please do not write your name or any other identifying material in the header or anywhere else in the story. Personal details should only appear in the Entry Form to ensure anonymity.
6. BLF cannot guarantee the return of paper copies of stories so authors should keep a copy
How to enter:
1. Download and fill in ENTRY FORM:
2. Pay your £5 ENTRY FEE:
3. Send filled in ENTRY FORM & SHORT STORY as an attachment to email@example.com or use the button below
Thank you & Good Luck!
The shortlist will be announced in September 2023 and the winners on 20th October 2023